mycompressedboredom

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Sometimes.. Somethings In Life

Sometimes.. somethings in life will just hit you right in the face. Things you never thought will throw a punch this hard. The blow will just leave you wondering. "What happened?". Well, that's what just happened. It got to me while i was just wondering how good things will turn out in days to come. I guess i just didn't expected this to happen to me. Not at this time. Not now. But it seems that i just can't avoid that punch. It was meant to hurt. And it really did a good job in injuring me, especially when my guard was down.


"Expecting the world to treat you fairly
because you are a good person
is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you
because you are a vegetarian."

-Dennis Wholey-



Well, it does ring some truth.. doesn't it? Most of us have gone through it, expectations being crush into smithereens. But why do we always still expect? A friend once told me that expectations are what keeps us going everyday. The motivation of life. Without a goal, there's no soul. There's no meaning to life. If we get knocked down, we get up again. And then we expect again. Its just a vicious circle. Isn't it?

But the truth is, each and everytime we get knocked down, we always keep our expectations lower than the previous one. Maybe we don't realize it, but we do that unconciously. Who likes to feel the pain of getting dissapointed?

This time i'm down. But i'm coming up. I'll be standing and start looking at the stars once again. Looking high up and start to dream once again. Ignoring the question that bangs into my head every single time i dream. "When will i fall again?". Ignorance is bliss. I will be standing.. soon.

For the time being, just let me lie down for a little while more. I need the rest. Its hard being knocked out twice in such a short time. Just let me be on the floor.. for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home