mycompressedboredom

Friday, July 29, 2005

Unexpected

Today started off gloomy. I woke up feeling distraughted and tired, for no particular reason. Didn't really have the mood to speak or do anything. I just wanted to lie there and let the hours pass me. But then again, there are classes to attend and a life to live. Classes in Uni was unusually bored and tiring today. Finished classes at 4.30 p.m. and headed straight home, with an empty stomach. I didn't even have the mood to eat. Got straight to bed as soon as i reached home. And i slumbered with the initial anticipation of my mood to get better after my rest.

I awoke in a darkened stuffy room. My room. It was already late in the evening. Staggered to the table to get my phone and was surprised to find two messages waiting for me. Two messages from two unlikely friends that would message me. I went through the first and found out that the second message was the same. This is what it wrote :

eng ting had an accident near usm n she passed away on d way 2 d hosp.TIS IS NOT A JOKE! Pls forward this msg to ppl who knew her.

I sat there trying to recompose myself from what i have read. Going through the message again and again. Trying to find any loopholes indicating that this is just a joke. But to no avail. I hurriedly turned on my com and look for any friend who might just know what the heck is going on. A deep sense of foreboding and somber began to dawn upon me. Although Lim Eng Ting wasn't that close to me, she was more than an acquaintance. She was my friend.

I stumbled upon ChakHon on MSN and i asked for more details. He knew her more than me and i'm sure he would know more about what happened. He said he wasn't sure, but roughly, she was knocked down by a car or something in front of her Uni. She was on a bike. They sent her to a nearby hospital. That particular hospital lacked the equipment to do anything. So, they decided to send her to another hospital. She passed away on the way there. She's only 21 years old.

I have very few memories about her. But enough to know that she was a very jovial and friendly girl. I've had small chats many a times with her. We often teased each other whenever we meet in school during F6. I can still remember her smile. And now she's gone. Until now, i guess that everyone who knew her are still dumbstrucked by what had happened to her this afternoon. Especially her classmates in our school. Their class had that specially knitted bond between them. Their closeness in a class had all the F6 classes looking at them with envy. I really hope that everyone of 6AB will accept this as God's will. She was a friend to many and an enemy of none. She has passed on to a better place, lying upon God's lap. May she rest in peace.


Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.

Dorothy Thompson



I know that this is very unexpected. Everything in life is so unexpected. Life is such an unpredictable road to be on. You will never know what is bound to happen at the next turn. Never.


I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

Gilda Radner



This particular day had me worrying about all the motorists that i know. Especially my housemates. A few of them travel around everyday on bikes. Just as i was pondering about this, i saw an accident right before my eyes. It happened while i was walking home after dinner from SS2. A motorcyclist ramped into the side of a turning car. Both of them were going for the same turn at the same time. The rider flew across the bonet and landed on the road, hard. It happened not more than 20 meters in front of me. The rider wasn't moving after the fall. So, i ran towards the fallen rider. I was the first to be there and he had that blur and confused look in his eyes. And fortunately, he could still speak. When asked which part of him hurt, he said his legs. He couldn't move them. A few people were gathered around the rider and it was causing a long queue of cars jamming the road. So, the few of us slowly carried the guy towards the side of the road. The driver of the car was a woman fetching a few of her kids. She was as scared and confused as the fallen driver. Everything happened very fast. She didn't know what to do. She was just dumbfounded and stood there. A few cars that passed by stopped and offered to fetch that guy to the hospital. Seeing that everything was okay and in safe hands. I left, also dumbfounded by what had happened.

This is to all the motorcyclists out there: Please be very careful on the road. You will never know what will happen on the next turn. Its better safe than sorry. Its the tears of your family and friends that will flow if anything happened to you. Life is precious and it is short. Tomorrow will always be a mystery. Appreciate what you have today. It might be lost forever after today.


Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.

Corita Kent



Lim Eng Ting. I'm glad to have known her.. and i regret that i'm not that close to her. You will always be my friend and in my heart you will continue to live. I will learn to live my life as you have lived yours. And, continue on with your spirit and essence of life. Always.

Always.

5 Comments:

  • Dun be so sad of it la..life is like that...u wont know wat will happen next..so..pls live it wif happy n treasure it...good luck...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 AM  

  • well, that is how life is. people come and go just like that.. things won't happen without a reason, so we, as human beings must learn to accept and move on. that's the only thing we can do in this hopeless, dying world.. at least she has people who cared for her, unlike some who pass on without anyone ever bothering about their existance. Have a nice day, friend.. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 AM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

  • Thanks M.Yang ;)

    ..for writing this..

    Yeah..we are so close with each other..

    I miss her now...

    I saw her in our YAHOO GROUP bouncing list (those who didn't write/not active in the group for sometime)... my heart felt so sour.. so hard to describe with mere words.. i was thinking "im sure she would wanna write something to us..only if she could"

    ....

    I miss her so much at this very moment.. i go on yahoo.com and search something bout her (with her full name) and i saw this blog.. very nice ..thanks my buddy!!

    Hope Eng Ting is living a wonderful life in her world.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

  • it is really sad too. i was really close with her back in form 6. always remember how i tease her and get a slap from her. the friendship is great. it really make shock me when i got the news as i was in a meeting .

    just really remember those good old days with her. we really share so much secret back then. and those memories is sweet . really cant forget it.

    thanks buddy.
    she surely in a better place now. have surely seem the light to a better place :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home